[Web4lib] need some free design advice

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:49:43 EDT 2009

Yeah, they didn't do that, either. Long story short--even though the
site was ostensibly designed for use with Contribute, they gave us 2
templates--one for the front page and one for any subpage. Except they
didn't really use the templates. I'm not sure how the staff made new
pages, but I suspect they just copied any existing page and then
edited the copy. The sidebar menus are a nightmare to maintain.

I'm starting to think that a skunkworks project is in order. Use some
of the existing design--color scheme and so forth--but implement it in
something much friendlier, like WordPress. (Drupal is overkill for our
size library, I think.)