[Web4lib] web-based finding-aid management and display

Comeaux, David dcomeaux at tulane.edu
Fri Nov 6 18:28:46 EST 2009

We've been using Archon here at Tulane. The archivists seem to love it.
I've been told it's very easy to use. We've used it primarily for
Finding Aids thus far. I'm very curious to see how it performs in
displaying content.

Dave Comeaux
Web Services Librarian
Tulane University
-

Hi everyone - my library is considering using software to manage
archival finding-aids as well as provide searchable, public web-based
access to the same. My question is, who out there is using what? I
know the question is a bit broad and loosely defined, but we are open
to any and all solutions, large and small. I'd greatly appreciate any
suggestions, names, discourse, etc. on the topic. And, not to single
anyone out, I noticed that, for instance, OhioLink seems to have some
sort of home-grown application for searching and viewing finding aids
on line that seem appears to be  very functional.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Steve
Steven Turner
Library Web Services Manager