[Web4lib] Records for electronic serials

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:43:31 EST 2009

I'm considering adding records for the serials for which we have
full-text access available via our EBSCO database subscriptions.

Before proceeding, however, I'd be curious to know whether any
libraries have done studies to determine whether patrons are finding
this type of cataloging helpful.

With what frequency do patrons do journal title searches, or search
for journals by subject? More importantly, are patrons finding these
records & then clicking through to the databases in question?

My unconfirmed suspicion is that, based on user habits, these records
would most likely not add a whole lot of value.

Thank you,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH