[Web4lib] web-based finding-aid management and display tools

Michael drweb at san.rr.com
Thu Nov 5 15:49:54 EST 2009

Steven,

Both academic and public libraries are using a cool tool, I think,
LibGuides, from SpringShare.

http://www.springshare.com/libguides/

"All institutions using LibGuides are connected in a global content network
spanning 930+ libraries with 15,000+ librarians who have created 58,000
research and information guides."

Take a look.. decentralized updates/changes directly by author(s); blend
your own links with those from other LibGuides, etc. We're looking at this
here, haven't moved on it yet.

But, I think this shared and hosted and guides that can be shared and copied
is great.. and quite affordable.

Best,
DrWeb

Michael aka DrWeb
drweb2 at gmail.com
Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."