[Web4lib] Questions for LibGuiders

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:00:05 EDT 2009

One advantage we have discovered this semester when Case servers suffered an
internet attack and we have had various down time due to moves to new
servers was it was very nice to have this content in a different location.

The reason I like them as Head of Reference is it allows me to work closely
with the staff to make sure content is current and updated. Our web people
have a lot of time already invested in maintaining the rest of the site.

The other nice advantage, whether you subscribe or not, is it is much easier
to see examples of what other libraries are doing. The librarians are work
with felt revived and energized in jumping in and making new guides.

The guides offered more flexibility in layout and style than our website for
this type of content.

See: http://researchguides.case.edu

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com