[Web4lib] RE: free e-audiobooks

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Mar 9 09:21:09 EDT 2009

On 03/07/2009 05:47 PM, don warner saklad wrote:

> We can advocate for ever more universal services for our public
> libraries using all our means to do so if we engaged with the true
> spirit of our mission with our communities' constituencies.

I have to side with Don on this.  In any area where we weren't dazzled
by the technological fripperies, if a vendor told us they had made
[rather arbitrary] decisions that made valuable content unavailable to
10-15% of our users, we'd tell them just where to stick it (back on the
developers' to-do list).

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu