[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Jun 30 09:50:34 EDT 2009

You know, it's funny:  At the time I put together the Drupal4lib list
(way back in 12/2007), a few people commented that it was 'old school'
and that I was creating/perpetuating yet another 'library silo'.

Within a couple hours of the announcement, we had over 100 subscribers.
  We doubled that within a couple of days.  I should really check but I
think we're over 500 at the moment.

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's worn out.  Either that, or
librarians love their silos.

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)