[Web4lib] Are e-mail discussion lists still relevant?

baiget at sarenet.es baiget at sarenet.es
Tue Jun 30 04:13:23 EDT 2009

Hi,
e-mail lists are simple, comfortable and efficient, and I do not see they
are dieing. I administer 2 lists, one of them since 1993, with 4,300
people.
There have been some "disturbances" from blogs and new social
applications, but for professional and scientific discussions e-lists
still are the best platform.
Facebook is really succesful but only for entertainment and gossip.
Twitter is also very interesting, but not for discussions.

Regards,

Tomàs Baiget
http://elprofesionaldelainformacion.com
http://www.rediris.es/list/info/iwetel.html