[Web4lib] ALA 2009: Ultimate Debate

Xan Arch xanadu at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 23 13:51:59 EDT 2009

*apologies for cross-posting*

For the fourth straight year, the "Ultimate Debate" returns to ALA for
another smackdown!
You've seen the drama before, but with four new faces with one crazy new
topic.....watch out Chicago!

The title for this year's debate is "Has Library 2.0 fulfilled its promise?"

Our speakers will be Meredith Farkas, David King, Michael Porter, and Cindi
Trainor.
Roy Tennant will return as moderator.

WHEN: Monday, July 13th from 1:30 - 3:00pm
WHERE: McCormick Place West W-181

This event is brought to you by LITA's Internet Resources and Services
Interest Group (IRSIG).
For more information about the program and about the interest group, please
see the LITA wiki at:
http://wikis.ala.org/lita/index.php/Internet_Resources_and_Services_IG

IRSIG's Annual meeting will be held Sunday, July 12, 10:30 - noon, at the
Palmer House, Ashland Room.
After our short business meeting, we will be discussing online subject
guides - uses, misuses, good technologies and bad ones.
All are welcome to attend.

Xan Arch
Co-chair, Internet Resources and Services Interest Group

Electronic Resources and Technology Librarian
Acquisitions Department
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford, CA  94305-6004

Phone: 650-725-1122, Fax: 650-723-4775