[Web4lib] The Future of Scholarly Communications: A Forum for Houston Area Librarians

Vacek, Rachel E revacek at uh.edu
Tue Jun 23 12:11:54 EDT 2009

Posted on behalf of a colleague.  Apologies for cross-posting.

I am pleased to invite you to a special program jointly hosted by the
University of Houston Libraries, Rice University's Fondren Library, and
the Texas Medical Center Library.  "The Future of Scholarly
Communications: A Forum for Houston Area Librarians" will take place on
Wednesday, July 22, 9:00-12:00, in the University of Houston M. D.
Anderson Library's Rockwell Pavilion.

The program will include both formal presentations and roundtable
discussions and will cover a wide variety of issues related to scholarly
communications.  It will be a wonderful opportunity to meet colleagues
from other Houston libraries and learn about some of the most exciting
and challenging issues facing our profession today.

To RSVP for the event, please use the form found here:

http://resource.library.tmc.edu/forms/ScholarRegistration.cfm

Please forward this invitation to colleagues at other area libraries,
library school students, and any staff you think would be interested.

Attendees will receive additional details about the program (agenda,
parking, etc.) at a later date.

Questions?  Just let me know.

Best wishes,

Miranda