[Web4lib] osCommerce and Membership Form

Benson, Tiffany tiffany-turner at utulsa.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:35:14 EDT 2009

I am the webmaster for a library organization. We recently switched
hosts, and have a new store through osCommerce. I inherited a membership
form that calculated a total then sent that total to a checkout page (I
believe it was phpcart by Webmasters) where people could pay by credit
card through Authorize.net. If it's any help, the form is here
http://www.oklibs.org/membership/memberform.html and it posts to a page
I don't have access to, although I did find a formprocess.asp page in
the same folder (but our new host doesn't support asp and I don't have
access to the page after the formprocess page anyway). I would like to
keep the form as members are familiar with it, but I am at a loss as to
how to link the total (which changes depending on the options chosen on
the form) from the form to the checkout page of our osCommerce store. I
am aware we can simply make each option on the form a separate item in
the store, but I'm hoping to avoid this since people would have to hunt
down each option and could easily miss a step. I posted my query to the
osCommerce forum to no avail. If anyone here has osCommerce experience
or any ideas, I (and our members) would be most appreciative. Thank you.

Tiffany Benson

McFarlin Library

tiffany-turner at utulsa.edu