[Web4lib] Library Purchase/Subscription For Kindle Content?

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Mon Jun 15 16:05:59 EDT 2009

I agree that libraries seem to be excluded, and in fact I've discussed
this with a couple of libraries currently using Kindles.  Amazon *seems*
to have been turning a blind eye.  That could, of course, change as it
has with other services when they begin to perceive us as a 'threat'.
*shrug*  I think there are a number of objections and obstacles to using
them effectively in libraries even before the legal issue.

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library
4000 Mills Civic Pkwy