[Web4lib] including google books in library catalogs?

Ken Irwin kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Mon Feb 23 12:32:08 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I feel like this has probably come up before, but didn't find anything
in the archives: *Is anyone include MARC records for freely-available
Google Books in library catalogs?* We had a professor ask if we could do
this, and it sounds like a daunting volume of material.

Are there MARC records for the books?
Is it easy/possible to keep freely-available books distinguishable from
"teasers"?
Anyone adding 856 links to Google Book versions of books you own?
Where's FRBR when we need it?

Ken

--
Ken Irwin