[Web4lib] magazine discards for high school libraries

Mandi Dorrell MDorrell at geh.nj.k12us.com
Sat Dec 19 08:02:47 EST 2009

Hi,

It came to my attention that a majority of our storage problem is because we keep two year's worth of magazines in our
storage room, which take up about 80% of our storage space. My supervisor gave me the okay to get rid of 1 year's worth of magazines. What are other high
school libraries doing regarding magazine storage? I know I can also remove the periodicals that are available online but they are few and far between.

Mandi Dorell
Oakcrest High School Library
Mays Landing, NJ 08330