[Web4lib] Google Groups vs Yahoo Groups

Karen Harker Karen.Harker at UTSouthwestern.edu
Fri Sep 19 17:39:28 EDT 2008

I have compared them recently for a new group I'm wanting to start, and I will continue using Yahoo! Groups, largely because it offers so much more than Google.  There's a calendar and a survey feature that I use regularly.  True, Google Groups does have "pages", but that's not a feature our group would be using.

I have considered going to Ning for my group, but I think that would be a bit too overwhelming for them.

Karen R. Harker, MLS, MPH
UT Southwestern Medical Library
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9049
214-648-8946
Yahoo IM: karenharker

>>> On 9/19/08 at 2:48 PM, in message <709489.79674.qm at web57101.mail.re3.yahoo.com>, "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

If you had to choose between Google Groups and Yahoo Groups to host an e-mail discussion group, which would you choose, and why?

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates
Bloomington, IN