[Web4lib] Meebo/Plugoo/Libraryh3lp

Petter Næss pnaess at usa.no
Thu Sep 11 07:21:32 EDT 2008

We used Rob Casson's chat system Rakim for many years, but it hasn't been
updated. One big problem is that Rakim gets confused by pop-ups, but it also
had some excellent features that I haven't seen in other chat systems, e.g.
multiple librarians online simultaneously, easy selection of pre-canned
messages, selection of bookmarks from a drop-down menu for easy referral to
other sites, collaboration/referral between librarians, and persistent
(ie.looping) audio-notification when chatters enter the queue. There's a
system called "Conversive Chat" - that has the pre-canned message feature
that I consider all-important, but it's somewhat primitive in other
respects. Does Libraryh3lp support pre-canned messages? (I wasn't able to
tell from a quick romp through the ppt).
Thanks!

Petter Næss
U.S.Embassy, Public Affairs
Henrik Ibsens gate 48