[Web4lib] RE: [lita-l] RE: Google Chrome - Observations

Rob Amend rob.amend at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:19:36 EDT 2008

I downloaded Chrome on my home computer last night and played with it for
awhile. It worked very well with a variety of Google apps, but I did notice
some lag time in rendering Picasa images. I liked the feel of the browser,
though, and used it for a couple of hours of pointless surfing.

I did run into a problem, later on. I left the browser up to see what my
wife would think when she was checking her email. After a couple of minutes,
she complained that it was hanging up on Gmail, and then suddenly asked, "Is
this a new browser?" When I filled her in, she told me she didn't much care
for it. So I suppose that counts as a split vote for us.

Rob Amend
Reference Librarian
rob.amend at gmail.com
blog.reftechrob.com