[Web4lib] SharePoint Help

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Wed Nov 19 13:00:19 EST 2008

As a fomer Microsoft development partner, I highly recommend the
resources on Microsoft Technet. You could start here --
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261852.aspx>  -- Design
and build sites for Office SharePoint Server 2007. There are also
several very active forums serving the SharePoint community.

There are some good conceptual books on SharePoint and some handy
references and handbooks, but I find the books on actually doing stuff
to be generally lacking a lot of useful, generalizable content.

Cary

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Sharon Logan <slogan at henrico.lib.va.us> wrote:
> I have been charged with redesigning our public facing site in
> SharePoint which is a new software package for me.  All classes I have
> taken have been for Intranet site creation, and I have met many road
> blocks.  I am looking for any and all help that is out there.
>

> If you have a public facing web site in SharePoint, I have some
> questions.  Was it done by an outside company?  If so, can you give the
> name of the company?  Were certain classes taken?  If so, what were
> they?  Do you know of any classes for creating a public facing site?
> What books can you recommend for setting up a public facing website
> using SharePoint?  What was the timeframe for creating your site in
> SharePoint?  How much of your staff was involved?
>

> Thank you in advance for your time.  Thank you also for forwarding this
> to the correct staff member if you cannot be of assistance.
>

> Sharon D. Logan
>
> slogan at henrico.lib.va.us

Cary Gordon, MLIS
The Cherry Hill Company