[Web4lib] Invite to Open Access event in Madison, WI

Alnisa Allgood alnisa at nonprofit-tech.org
Tue Nov 18 10:24:15 EST 2008

Hey WebLib:
We are looking for a few additional librarians to join our conversation, Open
Everything: A Conversation on Openness, Access and Transparency in Madison,
Wisconsin, on Saturday, 6 December 2008 from 10am to 5pm.

I think Open Everything is an idea worth spreading. And, I'm hoping that
some members of the WebLib group who live in the
Madison-Milwaukee-Chicago-Minneapolis areas agree. If you are interested in
the diversity of ideas and information behind the Open Everything movement,
especially as it spreads from open access issues of libraries to open source
software, to open government, and creative commons for renewing public
domain and providing better legal support for being more open to even how
intellectual property law is responding to 'open' and Obama's more
transparent and accountable government calls (now hopefully mandates).

There's a global conversation about art, science, public domain, and spirit
of 'open'. Some come join it. Open Everything: Madison is a roundtable
discussion on the current state of 'open' in the region, and one of three
sister events, that includes Berlin and Hong Kong. Participants from:
technology, education, libraries, government, nonprofits, media/journalism,
philanthropy, arts, and more.

So learn more, than RSVP, the event is:
Open Everything: A Conversation on Openness, Access and Transparency
http://openeverything.wik.is/Madison%2c_WI

Sincerely,

Alnisa