[Web4lib] Free video hosting for screen captures?

SStewart at slv.vic.gov.au SStewart at slv.vic.gov.au
Thu May 8 21:07:53 EDT 2008

Hi Dave,
This morning I stumbled across this http://www.jingproject.com/
It is only experimental, but it allows you to create screen captures that
are automatically saved on screencast.com (for free) and you are provided
with an embeddable URL.
The playback is actual size - which may, in some cases be too large!

It might be an option for you.

You could just head straight to screencast.com, but fees are charged.

Regards,
Sally

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street, Melbourne, 3000

"Walker, David" <dwalker at calstate.edu>
Sent by: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org
09/05/2008 01:46

<Web4lib at webjunction.org>
cc

Subject
[Web4lib] Free video hosting for screen captures?

Hi all,

I have some short videos of screen captures that I'd like to include on my
website.  I would like for them to be embedded and flash-based, and
preferably not hosted by me! :-)

YouTube, of course, provides this. But the player is too small and the
quality of the flash video is insufficient for my needs.

Can anyone recommend alternatives that provide larger viewing areas and
higher quality?  Thanks!

--Dave