[Web4lib] help with MSIE 6 browser display problems

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Wed May 7 16:00:37 EDT 2008

Welcome to IE6 css box model hell.

The problem is that IE6 uses a different model for how it treats boxes
and their margins and padding than every other browser. The argument
can be made that IE6 was right in its interpretation of the rules and
everybody else is wrong, but that does not really matter. You might
want to Google "ie6 box model" for a bunch of solutions.

FWIW, I highly recommend CSS Mastery by Andy Budd (http://www.cssmastery.com/
). Of the 20+ CSS books that I have read over the last decade (not
exaggerating), this is among the most useful.

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company
http://www.chillco.com

I'm riding my bicycle 545 miles from June 1-7, 2008 to end AIDS.
Find out how you can help at http://www.aidslifecycle.org/5312