[Web4lib] RE: COPPA and UGC in the library

Peterson, Glenn gpeterson at hclib.org
Wed May 7 12:55:42 EDT 2008

Re: publicly-supported libraries and COPPA, according to the FTC
website:

"The Rule applies to operators of commercial websites and online
services directed to children under 13 that collect..."

http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.shtm

There are also exceptions that may cover LT depending on the information
solicited from kids.

Glenn Peterson           gpeterson at hclib.org
Web Administrator        http://www.hclib.org
Hennepin County Library  voice: 952-847-8659
12601 Ridgedale Drive    fax: 952-847-8642
Minnetonka, MN 55305

Message: 9