[Web4lib] Social software for collaborative collection development?

Ms Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at usfca.edu
Mon Mar 31 18:04:18 EDT 2008

I second Brian's recommendation for a wiki.

I work with a group of regional campus librarians. We've used a
private wiki from pbwiki to coordinate our book purchases for the past
two years. It works very well, much better than our old method of
passing spreadsheets around as email attachments.

You could probably do this with a free private pbwiki. If you want
better access controls, their Silver level is about $100 per year for
educational wikis. We use a Platinum level wiki, but that's because we
are very concerned with security issues.

Jean Hewlett
Regional Librarian, North Bay Campus
University of San Francisco