[Web4lib] Social software for collaborative collection development?

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:17:01 EDT 2008

I would use a wiki for your discussion.

For books (I am not sure on DVDs), one idea I had was to create a fake
librarything.com account and add all the items. It links to all the
external sites with additional information. You can have a single link
in your wiki but the LibraryThing link will lead to others.

I have know libraries that have used LibraryThing as a wish list for
patrons to review and provide feedback.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com