[Web4lib] World of Warcraft Management in a Public Library?

Michael J. Dargan dargan at wplwloo.lib.ia.us
Sun Mar 30 11:53:38 EDT 2008

Hello--

We have a mandate to provide PC and console-based game opportunities to our
public library patrons.  I have a room, some equipment (10 computers,
ceiling mounted LCD projector, Internet access, etc.), but now need to
figure out what to do with it.  It looks to me like we'd have quite a bit of
interest in *World of Warcraft*, but I'm at a loss as to how to manage the
subscriptions.  I suppose that we could simply install the client and let
patrons log in with their own accounts.  However, this would leave a
substantial portion of our patron-base on the outside looking in.  I'd like
to correspond with someone who is managing WoW in a library environment.

For that matter, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's providing
game services to patrons--teen through geezer (I got a joystick for
Christmas, but staring at that screen makes my old eyes dry!).
Thanks.
--
Michael J. Dargan
Reference & Technical Systems Administrator