[Web4lib] Is a new browser window always a no-no?

Gillian Wiseman gwiseman at ci.waco.tx.us
Thu Mar 20 10:24:49 EDT 2008

I'm not a web designer, but as a user, in this circumstance I think you are exactly right. I'd be annoyed at having to "back up" through several pages of info. So your secondary window is actually saving clicks and time; that's what its for.

Gillian Wiseman
Electronic Resources Librarian
Waco-McLennan County Library
(254)750-5944
gwiseman at ci.waco.tx.us

So, in the case of links to catalog records in book lists like this, do
others feel a new browser window is justified, or is it better to require
the user to use the back button in order to return, eventually, to the
library web page?