[Web4lib] Word & Thunderbird

jimm wetherbee jimm at wingate.edu
Thu Mar 13 16:57:49 EDT 2008

Hopkins County - Madisonville Public Library wrote:
> I am having trouble with the send document as an email attachment facility within Word. I can't get it to see Thunderbird as the email client. It sees the old Netscape client that we were using on the system, but when I set Thunderbird as the default mail client, it still doesn't work.

We've had instances here where an MS application (in this case IE) would
bring up the wrong e-mail client despite what was listed as the
default.  What we had to do was first change the default to what the
application thought it was bringing up (in your case tell it that
Netscape is the default).  Then log off and log back on.  After that
change the default back to what you want and again close out your
session.  This often works. In one case, however, we had to uninstall
and reinstall Office.

--jimm

Jimm Wetherbee                 | jimm at wingate.edu
Information Systems Librarian  | Voice: 704-233-8092
E.K. Smith Library             | Fax:   704-233-8254
Wingate University             | http://library.wingate.edu/staff/jmw/
Wingate, NC 28174              | lux et fides