[Web4lib] Buying a Domain

Malakia Oglesby moglesby at asburyparklibrary.org
Mon Jun 9 14:54:15 EDT 2008

I recommend GoDaddy also.  They're pretty good for hosting, domain
registration (and reminders), and server uptime.  And they're prices are
very reasonable.

I use both GoDaddy and Netfirms.

I second Charlie's post about owning the domain name.  I registered a few
domain names with Netfirms at a time when they had a sale going on.  I
should have read the fine print because now Netfirms owns the domain names,
not me. I bracing myself for the troubles I'll encounter when and if I do
try to transfer them.

My advice - read the fine print.

For the library's domain registration we've been with Network Solutions for
several years now.  NJ State Library is our host.

Malakia A. Oglesby, Webmaster/MIS
Asbury Park Public Library
Phone: (732) 774-4221
Website: www.asburyparklibrary.org