[Web4lib] Bluetooth mouse problems

Ms Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at usfca.edu
Wed Jun 4 18:06:35 EDT 2008

I've recently experienced the same problem with my Mac laptop and a
Mac bluetooth mightymouse. It occurs when I'm using our wifi network
at work.

Every so often, the cursor becomes unresponsive and then disappears.
It appears to me that it's lost the bluetooth connection, since the
only way to fix it seems to be using the bluetooth menu to reconnect
the mouse.

My fix was to buy a wired usb laptop mouse -- works great, is much
lighter-weight since it has no battery, and I don't mind the cable.
You might try a standard wireless mouse that uses a usb plug-in
receiver, if the cable is a serious problem.

Jean Hewlett
Univ. of San Francisco