[Web4lib] RE: Looking for a wish list management tool

Andrea Berstler andrea.berstler at villagelibrary.org
Mon Jul 7 08:07:16 EDT 2008

I may be a little late on this one - sorry for that

It was not created to manage wish lists, but I believe that Shelfari could
be used to create and post a wish list using the "I would like to read"
feature for the users. Whomever wanted to buy that title could send an email
to the library that they had or were going to buy that work, even put a
comment in the review section.

For those unfamiliar with Shelfari - it is a social networking site based on
books.  We are just beginning to use it for our library (and I am still
working on learning all the tools personally) however, for a free site, I
must say that I am finding it a pleasant surprise. It is easy to use, I
believe the public will like it and it fits the new "social" site style that
so many of our under 30 patrons like.

Andrea Berstler
Director - Village Library of Morgantown