[Web4lib] lo-jacks for laptops

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at state.nm.us
Wed Jan 30 13:56:47 EST 2008

We have some Toshiba laptops that we got as part of a grant program a
few years ago. One of the features was built-in tracking should one of
the laptops come up missing. Because it was embedded firmware and not
software, most people would not even know it is on a system.

I found a link to Computrace:

http://www.absolute.com/markets/corporate.asp

Hope this helps.

John

John Chadwick, Ed.D. Information Technology Manager
New Mexico State Library
1209 Camino Carlos Rey
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Phone: 505-476-9740  Cell: 505-629-8116 Fax: 505-476-9761
john.chadwick at state.nm.us
http://www.stlib.state.nm.us