[Web4lib] New Online Social Network: BioMedExperts

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Fri Jan 18 13:53:38 EST 2008

> We need to quit thinking of these things as challenges to our domain,
> and start looking at other ways that we can be useful.  Adaptation and
> change will be the norm from now on.

Correct.  But in fact adaptation and change are what have kept
libraries going this long.  No more clay tablets, no more chained
books, and so forth.  We have also evolved to add things like
microforms, videos, computers, and on and on.  Had we stuck to chained
books, or even "just print media" we would have been nearly dead
already.

dan

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID