[Web4lib] Always up-to-date copyright statement

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Mon Jan 14 17:50:02 EST 2008

Hey, I just set my computer date to 1923. Apparently your copyright
has expired! :)

I'd put in one note. There are some reasons to provide a full and
accurate copyright notice—in particular there are traps with claiming
a year you don't actually have. But, in  all Berne countries—the US
and UK included—copyright does not *require* a notice. This wasn't
always the case in the US, but it is now. A stated copyright can help
you prove your case, and provides the potential of court fee recovery
in US courts, but failing to provide a notice (or register it with the
US Copyright Office) by no means destroys the right.

Best,
Tim

Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding