[Web4lib] Always up-to-date copyright statement

D.H. Mattison dmattison at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 12 19:30:15 EST 2008

January 12, 2008

Thanks for this tip and reminder Peter. I've used something like that, but
much much shorter, on my BC Digital Library site (http://www.bcdlib.tc.ca)
to show when a page was last modified. If you substitute "Copyright 1999-"
for "Last revision: " it will achieve the same result and even give you a
time stamp. Rather ugly compared to yours, but maybe there's a more elegant
method with the Javascript date function. I'm not sure whether this
Javascript will come through, but here it is. If it doesn't, just look at
the source for any of the pages at the above URL.

<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
document.writeln("Last revision: " + document.lastModified);
//  End -->
</script>

David Mattison
http://www.davidmattison.ca