[Web4lib] Re: Library Automation Survey Results

Elena OMalley Elena_OMalley at emerson.edu
Fri Jan 11 12:52:09 EST 2008

Marshall:

Thank you for running this survey and providing the results and
analysis. I hope vendors mentioned in the survey take an objective look
at what this indicates about their current state of customer relations.

The comments are interesting, and the survey overall leads me to ponder
lots of questions. Certain vendors' products are better suited to
particular types of libraries - are those libraries more or less likely
to be satisfied with their vendors overall? How did libraries feel about
their previous ILS vendors, if they had them? (Either by librarians
changing workplace or libraries migrating systems.) What factors might
be tipping points for open-source adoption?

Thanks again for this food for thought.
Elena
__
Elena O'Malley, Assistant Director for Technology and Access Services
Emerson College Library, Boston, MA 02116