[Web4lib] Demise of IT?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Jan 10 16:18:54 EST 2008

This has already happened at many schools, and will be happening at
Boise State this year.  During late spring all 20K or so students will
be migrated from web-Groupwise to Gmail (using their university
service that will use a university address).  Faculty and staff will
be migrated next fall, though some of us will move sooner,
particularly if we provide direct support to student computer use, as
we in the library do.

In addition, the university will be moving to the Google suite of "MS
Office equivalents" during the next year, and all students, staff, and
faculty will be on Google apps completely by the summer of 09.

dan

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID