[Web4lib] Online Calendars

Chad Pollock cpollock at lstc.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:31:10 EST 2008

In the Mozilla family there is the recently developed Sunbird, currently
in version 0.7.  I have not used Sunbird on an institutional level, but
I currently have it as a portable app on my thumb drive and have been
using it as my personal calendar for the last two months.

Might be worth a look.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/

Our library uses the calendar component for the Joomla CMS.  This allows
all the functions you describe, and although it is housed on the
web-server, we can set permissions so that only library staff can access
the calendar in part or in whole, and we can make the calendar publicly
available when necessary.

Chad Pollock

Reference Librarian

JKM Library