[Web4lib] Cognitive dissonance regarding recent Pew report

Bill Drew dreww at tc3.edu
Tue Jan 8 14:31:41 EST 2008

Its a very typical analysis from the Pew people.  The study is important
but the report is written so it can be quoted to support any point of
view.   Googleites can show how useless the library is and the library
community can point to an improving percentage in possible library use
for finding information.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Interim Library Director
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
StrengthsQuest: Ideation, Input, Learner, Activator, Communication

>>> "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2 at yahoo.com> 1/8/2008 2:05:41 PM >>>

  I'll admit upfront that survey research and statistics are not my
strong suit, so maybe I am missing something. But something strikes me
as odd about the publicity surrounding this report. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding something and someone can set me straight?