[Web4lib] "open" library/book web services

Alvare, Luz Marina (IFPRI) l.alvare at CGIAR.ORG
Tue Feb 19 15:29:35 EST 2008

We have tried to put together a list for our collaborators in developing countries at http://www.ifpri.org/library/devresources.asp with resources and we have started the same list in delicious so others can add resource here in a collaborative manner:   http://del.icio.us/ifpriweb
You are welcome to add new resources of this type.

Luz Marina Alvaré
Head, Library and Knowledge Management
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
2033 K Street, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20006, USA
Email: l.alvare at cgiar.org
Tel: 1-202-862-5614
Fax: 1-202-467-4439
www.ifpri.org

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org [mailto:web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org] On Behalf Of Fred Edwards
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:34 PM
To: web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: [Web4lib] "open" library/book web services

Has anyone collected or know of a list of "open" (ie. free or free for educational institutions) web services for library / book related information?

We're looking at providing information to our users beyond what is found in our opac.

in particular, "Tables of Content" and Author biographies

We're currently playing with Amazon, LoC and Google books but the hit rate is mediocre at best and frequently truncated.

Thanks in advance

Fred Edwards

Systems Technician
Patrick Power Library