[Web4lib] Re: Top Public Library Websites (Cross-Posted)

Caitlin Nelson cnelson at hawaii.edu
Sun Feb 17 15:43:29 EST 2008

Hi - I think having a list of library websites is a great resource, but I
have a couple of suggestions for improvement:

- You should alert users that the link will bring up a word document rather
than a new page.  For example, use (DOC) after the title.

- It would be great to see the library websites in a table or list form,
rather than a cut-and-paste from the email listservs.  Also, some of the
libraries mentioned don't show a link to the websites! (I thought that was
the whole point :) )

- Hopefully you have already received permission from the writers to post
their personal information on your document.  Many of those replies
contained email addresses and physical addresses/contact info.  I know some
of that that information gets posted to the web4lib archive, thus is already
on the Internet, but I myself would still be wary of having that information
up.

Good luck with this endeavor!

Caitlin Nelson
Assistant Librarian