[Web4lib] Re: Google Search Appliance and OPACs

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Feb 13 10:37:34 EST 2008

Well, durn, I didn't even know that trick; I only knew "find in a
library" (way too freakin' long and besides, people want to find it in
THEIR library).

It worked very well for:

Omnivore's Dilemma
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
Goodnight Moon
Marion Nestle (retrieved her titles, starting with the blockbuster, What
to Eat!)

Did not work well for:

W.G. Sebald (I would have expected Rings of Saturn as a top or near-top
hit, not a book ABOUT Sebald)
Price of Salt (a book that Group Catalog also flubs)

Half-bakedly:

Mark Bittman (lol, my own post riffing on his cheese straws was hit #5
-- I have a WorldCat box on my blog)

Still, a good tip (it's how I use wikipedia, Amazon, Epicurious, etc. so
I don't know why it iddn't occur to me)

Thanks Sebastian!

Karen G. Schneider