[Web4lib] Wireless Device for providing roving service?

Fifarek, Aimee afifarek at scottsdaleaz.gov
Fri Feb 8 19:02:43 EST 2008

Peter -

we've recently purchased a half dozen HP 2710p notebooks with the idea of eventually using them for roving.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/321957-321957-64295-321838-306995-3355644.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

I went this way because they can be used either as notebooks or as tablet PCs - the screen swivels around and folds flat.  This way they can be used for a variety of purposes both by people who are comfortable with tablets and those that aren't.  Since they weigh in at less than 4lbs they're pretty easy to carry around.  Right now they are being used for staff training and outreach.  Unfortunately, since things don't look good for the funding for our staff wireless network, that may be all they're being used for for awhile.

-- Aimee

Message: 9