[Web4lib] RE: DocMan-like plugin in for WordPress?

Havens,Andy havensa at oclc.org
Wed Dec 17 17:17:45 EST 2008

If I was going to do this on my WordPress blog, I'd use the WP Download
Monitor plugin:

http://blue-anvil.com/archives/wordpress-download-monitor-plugin-v15

I think it's a great idea to use WP for a document management system.
You can use all the various features, plug-ins, etc. to manage your WP
pages/posts, and then link to the files from the various pages/posts.
You get the ability to do tags and categories, comments, etc. With some
agreed-upon user rules, you could also have a pretty vigorous "version
control" system, whereby users either add new versions and link to them
in an edited post, or change the document and replace it, but note the
changes in comments.

Neat idea.

- A

Andy Havens
OCLC: Manager of Branding and Creative Services
Phone: 614.764.4326
Mobile: 614.395.4134