[Web4lib] mailing lists/listserv hosting service recommendations?

Reynolds, Erica, JCL ReynoldsE at jocolibrary.org
Mon Dec 8 09:22:06 EST 2008

Greetings Web4Lib,

Do you use or have recommendations for a hosted mailing list/listserv
company? I need to have 2 lists hosted for a community partnership we
run out of the library to help promote the community's understanding of
and appreciation of science and science careers:

1. A public list that would be a one-way list where members of the
public can self-subscribe, self-unsubscribe, but only receive-not post
to the list. This is where we would send out notices of events and
community activities.

2. An administrative list that would be a two-way list where the partner
organizations would discuss the partnership activities. This would not
be monitored by an admin (someone here at the library) and would not be
a self-subscribe/unsubscribe list-we would add/delete people from the
list as they joined or left the partnership.

Any suggestions for good hosting services would be most appreciated.

Best wishes,

Erica

Erica Reynolds
Web Content Manager
Johnson County Library
Ph: (913) 495-2429
Fx: (913) 495-2441
reynoldse at jocolibrary.org
www.jocolibrary.org

For there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by
contrast.  Nothing exists in itself. ~ Herman Melville, Moby-Dick