[Web4lib] Library link list collections

Marcie Pierson Mpierson at cwmars.org
Thu Dec 4 13:14:00 EST 2008

This touches on an area I forgot to mention in my first response. I can see value in keeping a list of local or specialized links (I would expect a horticulture library to have resources specific to horticulture, botany, gardening, etc. and a list of links is not out the question). Likewise, it might be handy to have easy links to your town/city/county government, areas of local history or interest, where and how to register to vote/pay taxes, parks and rec locations and events, etc.

For a look at a rather comprehensive wiki-based list of local resources, see http://loudounpedia.org/

Marcie Pierson
Reference Librarian
Grafton Public Library