[Web4lib] RE: sharpening images and OCR

Henriksen, Phalbe phenriksen at alexandercountync.gov
Thu Dec 4 12:07:42 EST 2008

I downloaded Tesseract yesterday, but couldn't get it to open and
install. Neither could our IT person.

She suggested OpenOCR to me. I d/l'ed it and have used it. It's great!
It converts PDFs, tool.

http://www.freeocr.net/

Phalbe Henriksen
Director
Alexander County Library
Taylorsville, NC

"The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind...."

<snip> I have two suggestions: Adobe Acrobat and Tesseract. <snip>

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information
intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, any distribution, copying, or use
of this e-mail or its attachments is prohibited.  If you received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and