[Web4lib] Library link list collections

Cecily Walker cecily.walker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 14:13:18 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project regarding library link lists/link
collections. I'm interested in finding out whether your library
manages a list or collection of web links for your patrons. If your
library does have such a list, would you mind sharing:

(1) the average number of links in your collection;
(2) your method for managing the links;
(3) weeding policies;

and any other items you think might be useful?  Our library currently
uses delicious to manage approximately 5800 links, and managing these
links has become quite a chore. I'd like to see this collection go the
way of the dodo, because I think many people turn to Google find the
answers these lists used to provide.

If your library decided to stop collecting and publishing links lists,
I'd also love to hear the reason why.

Thanks,
Cecily Walker
Web Services Librarian