[Web4lib] Policies on Social Networking Presence

cmccollum at co.wake.nc.us cmccollum at co.wake.nc.us
Tue Apr 1 19:09:00 EDT 2008

Hello,

Our library system wants to allow our branches to create pages on social
networking sites like Facebook.  Because we are part of county government,
our "web presence" falls under the domain of our County Webmaster.  Before
he will allow us to venture forth into the social networking world, he
wants us to have a policy in place regarding how the page will be used,
maintenance, and removal of offensive posts, pictures, etc.  Does anyone
have a policy  or guidelines you could share with me?

Thanks!

Carol McCollum
Electronic Resources Librarian
Wake County Public Libraries - West Regional Library
4000 Louis Stephens Drive
Cary, North Carolina 27519
(919) 463-8500
cmccollum at co.wake.nc.us