[Web4lib] Wikis vs blogs

Vaughn-Tucker, Dani A. dvaughntucker at osterhout.lib.pa.us
Fri Sep 14 12:02:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

I personally like the blog format better because you do have more
control over who can post, make changes, etc.  I also thing that the
blog format lends itself to a little more creativity and flexibility in
the styles/theme and ease of use.

However, I think wikis are more amenable to interaction between the
students and the instructors.  Is there a way to set a wiki so that
students (or anyone) would only have limited ability to make changes?

Dani Vaughn-Tucker

"Success is nothing without someone you love to share it with..." Billy
Dee Williams in Mahogany