[Web4lib] Embedded MP3 Player

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Oct 30 09:30:53 EDT 2007

You may want to investigate VideoLan VLC Media Player

http://www.videolan.org/

From their site:
VLC media player 0.8.6c
It is a free cross-platform media player
It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for
additional codecs
It can also be used as a streaming server, with extended features (video on
demand, on the fly transcoding, ...)

You can see all the media formats it supports including MP3 at
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

Thomas

On Monday 29 October 2007 16:18, Rachel Vidrine wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a simple, easy way to embed an MP3 player on a Web
> site to play multiple clips? I found a tutorial online, but when I used
> it on a site, no one seemed to be able to figure it out. I think maybe
> getting rid of the text links for downloading the files in their
> entirety--and leaving just the player--might lessen some of the
> confusion. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the player doesn't
> let a user to move from one clip to another with just the "next" button.
> It requires having to hit the "next" button, and then the "play" button
> again.
>
> http://www.liturgicalmusic.co.uk/sights_sounds.shtml
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Regards,
> Rachel

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/